Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Surprise!!!!


As much as I love surprises, I can’t handle them. You see, my birthday is tomorrow and I know HB is planning something. I originally planned to take advantage of my day off from work by scheduling an oil change, hair cut and a facial. HB advised that I wait. I was going to change these appointments to Saturday but he responded with, “Don’t you want to have the weekend to hang out?” Originally he told me to go ahead and schedule the Saturday oil change but now he is suggesting that I “hang out” over the weekend. His original answer leads me to believe that we will not be leaving town but his most recent “hang out” answer has me curious.

I often criticize HB for not planning surprises. When birthdays and anniversaries roll around I secretly hope that HB will plan a surprise dinner at our favorite restaurant or a romantic getaway. Now that I know a surprise is planned I can’t handle it. It's all I think about. I am reading into everything he says and does trying to gain some clue as to what’s in store for my birthday. I have asked my Mom, my cousin, my friends, anyone I can think of, if they know what he has planned. Everyone says they haven't talked to him! Geez! Friday can’t get here fast enough!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Oh my goodness I can totally relate. I always get bummed out b/c I dont get surprised but when I do it makes me an absolute wreck!
I am excited to find out what your surprise is though! Oh and Happy "early" Birthday!!!