Friday, July 18, 2008

Favorites from back home...

I am headed to my hometown this weekend to attend an engagement party for my best friend - who just annoyed me, but more on that later. I am preparing myself for run ins with old friends, high school classmates and ex boyfriends. In my hometown, people don't grow up and they never leave. Despite some of the residents, my hometown is a beautiful, and rather fun, place. Here are a few of the things I love about Boomtown:


The Cathedral is a beautiful church on an oak tree covered property. HB was lucky enough to attend this church every week with his school and my engaged friend, with the party this weekend, will be getting married here.


This tiny little burger joint has been delighting residents with their secret sauce since 1947. The burgers are so good, they don't even need to serve fries.


This little area is new to Boomtown but it is my favorite place to shop and grab lunch with old friends.


By far the best donuts I have ever eaten. Nothing compares.


The homes in Boomtown are beautiful! This is one of my favorite. A classmate of mine grew up in this house.

No comments: