Thursday, July 31, 2008

Guest Blogger: Kellicious!!!


Hey everyone! I am crazy busy at work. My friend Kellicious will be guest blogging for me today. I gave her my log in and password and this little note but I have NO IDEA what she is going to blog about! Enjoy!

-D.S.

D.S. is swamped at work and with life, so I will be guest blogging today and possibly tomorrow. Let me begin by introducing myself, I am Kellicious. I met D.S. over four years ago in a Communication Theory class. She was the only student to get an A on the first exam but she was too modest to tell the class – the professor ratted her out and her face turned Crimson red. A few weeks later I ran into her in our Advisor’s office, he told us we had a lot in common, we exchanged email addresses and the rest is history.

The pseudonym Delightfully Sassy fits her perfectly. Her friendly personality and classy demeanor make her Delightful and her quick whit makes her Sassy. From the flower in the title to the posts, D. S’s personality shines through this blog. I truly enjoy reading it ….well, most of it. The posts I dislike are about her weight. Listen up readers, D.S. is not being honest when she blogs about her body. If I made a list of every person I know and categorized them from thinnest to heaviest D.S. would be on the thin list. Simply put, she is not bony, she is not flat chested, she has a butt and she has hips, she is 5’2 but often wears heals. My Mother once said that she has a beautiful collarbone. My brother says she is so adorable he could put her in his pocket. My boyish figure would die for her hips and chest. And maybe if I had them, the boys would be calling.

I guess what I am trying to say is the way D.S. sees her body and the reality of it are very different. At least she is only a Debbie Downer about her body on this blog. Until I read it here, I never realized that she didn’t love the way she looks. Isn’t it comical, that the people we think are the prettiest or the people we aspire to be, may have a very different view of their self?

Until the next time,

MelKel, known to D.S. readers as Kellicious

No comments: