Tuesday, July 1, 2008

I heart America!


In honor of America and the upcoming 4th of July festivities here are a few reasons why I LOVE this Country!

- Freedom of Speech: I can write whatever I choose on this blog or I can shout it from the roof tops. I can tell anyone who will listen that I like or dislike the President or the Speaker of the House. Hell, I can even lie about them if I want – all of the newspapers do! I can voice my opinion of any person, product, celebrity, alien, movie, law…anything, with out persecution. Freedom of Speech is one of the greatest Rights we have as Americans.

- Loyalty: The United States is loyal to its citizens. When I was in a child two men from my home town went hunting in Southwest Texas. They illegally crossed into Mexico with their firearms. They knew better but they had big egos and one of them had a rich Daddy so they thought they would get away with it. They were arrested and held in a Mexican prison for months. Nothing was going to get these boys out of prison; not even a rich Daddy. The United States government got involved and the boys were eventually released. We take care of own!

-Being the Best: Remember the girl in middle school who got boobs, or was allowed to shave her legs, or pierce her ears before anyone else. Remember how all of the other girls would gather together and say mean things about her new lady lumps, or her silky smooth legs, and holey ear lobes when really we were all wishing it was us sporting the AAA white cotton training bra. That is America; we are the first to have boobs! We have silky smooth legs and holes in our ear lobes and they hate us for it! We are a young, magnificent Country! They hate that we are strong. They envy our freedom. They want to take us down but we are the best and they can’t.

-Our Founding Fathers: Their wisdom, their vision, their dedication to a better future for all Americans. I wonder what they think of us now. I wonder if they are proud. I hope so.

I am proud to be an American!

No comments: