Friday, May 9, 2008

Getting Over It



Is it just me or does it take women longer to get over things than it does men? When HB and I have an argument he is able to get over it moments after he pleads his case. I, on the other hand, think about it or stew over it until my head hurts. I end up getting over it, but depending on the argument it can take me as little as an hour or as long as two days! Not HB, he tells me how he feels and then he is done – over it – probably can’t even remember what we arguing about in the first place. I don’t just do this with HB, I do it with other people I know. For example, someone close to us said something very rude to HB about two months ago and I am still annoyed about it. It is one thing to say something rude to me but when you say something rude to someone I love my claws come out! Overreaction much?! And, I am still upset about things that were said to me as a child. But, at the same time, my best friend can say something silly about the neighborhood I live in, or a coworker can act like I am idiot because of a typo I made, and it I let it roll right off my back. Why is this? Why can one rude comment set me off for months but another roll off my back?

What has someone said to set you off?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey!
Just found your blog! Love it!

I agree with you, I hold onto things for waaayyyy too long.
And often forget why I am annoyed with someone LOL

S X