Friday, May 23, 2008

Sad


I feel like many people around me are sick. It started with my Dad. Last summer, on a Wednesday, he went to the Doctor for a physical. Thursday they schedule angioplasty. Friday, he was having double bypass - if he would have waited another week for his physical, he would have died.

Last Summer a friends Dad passed away suddenly. He too went in for a physical. He had a massive heart attack and died in the parking lot of the Doctor's office. He has a wife. He has three children.

The President of my company is dying of Cancer. Two months ago he was in remission. Now he is dying. He has a wife. I work with his children. His nephew is HB's best friend.

A coworker of HB's died yesterday. He had heart surgery a few months ago. He was better. Now he is dead. He has a wife. He has children.

I am sad. I am confused. Mostly, I am scared. I don't think I could survive if something happens to HB.

Now I feel selfish....

1 comment:

CC said...

I completely understand the helpless feeling you get when people around start getting sick. It seems like we're too young to know people who are sick and/or dying. I don't know what I'll do when I loose a parent or significant other. :( Just wanted to let you know you're not alone in your fears!