Tuesday, May 6, 2008

My First Bog!!!!

I have a blog! I am a blogger (GASP!) and I would be lying if I said I wasn’t a little freaked out about it! I owe it all to my philanthropist friend/college classmate who we will call, Kellicious. She approached me a while ago about charity work and after much talk and brainstorming (or blorming!), I now have a blog. As my Dad would say, “It’s all good brother”.

While blorming I noticed that most blogs are about celebrities, new parents or politics. Don’t get me wrong, I am up to date on the latest Celebrity drama, and I have been known to enjoy some political banter; but I began to wonder, where are the blogs about ordinary, everyday women? Where are the blogs about making the transition from high school to college or college to work? I find the new mommy blogs interesting and I am sure one day I will comb through them looking to cure diaper rash; but right now, I can’t relate. Where’s the blog from the young and trendy 23 year old that works in my building? Where is the blog from my adorable 16 year old cousin who lives in private school hell and can’t decide where to go to college? Where is the blog from the newly married 25 year old who wants to be trendy yet classy, who is happy but still can’t get over the rude comment someone made over spring break? Well, if you can’t find it, MAKE IT! So here it is!!!! This is the blog about the ordinary, the chic, the classy, the confused, the curious, the missing college but don’t want to go back, hated high school but sometimes miss it, the newly married, newly financially independent, new to the work force, and trying to figure it out while keeping a smile on my face and hopefully, a frozen sangria in my hand. It will be light, it will be fun, and I can promise, it will be SASSY!

Here are some Fast Facts About me:

- I am a terrible speller! Praise SPELL CHECK!

- I hate bad smells!

- I LOVE cheeseburgers.

- Chocolate always makes me feel better

- I am very loyal to my friends and family.

- At times I wear my heart on my sleeve

- I am a little apprehensive about this blog…

What are some fun facts about you?!

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Fast Facts About Me:

-I always need a tan but I am afraid of cancer so I am painfully pale.
-I eat cereal for dinner more often that I eat it for breakfast.
-I am addicted to Cheeto's.
-I want to hear D.S.'s husbands Fast Facts!

Great job on the blog. I LOVE IT!

CC said...

Hi, I recently found your blog and love it! I'm 24 and still feel like I'm in the transition period from college to work and love it when I find bloggers that are in a similar place in their lives. Check out work-girl.blogspot.com/, mlm4884.blogspot.com/, www.nothingbutbonfires.com/, traphicsigns.blogspot.com/2007/12/made-by-girl.html. They're my favs!